Monday, January 4, 2016

Review: Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson #3) by Patricia Briggs

Greetings, readers! Happy Monday and thanks for stopping by. Today I'll be reviewing Iron Kissed, the third book in the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs.


I could smell her fear, and it satisfied something deep inside me that had been writhing under her cool, superior gaze. I curled my upper lip so she could get a good look at my sharp teeth. I might only weigh thirty or so pounds in my coyote shape, but I was a predator...

Mechanic Mercy Thompson can shift her shape - but not her loyalty. When her former boss and mentor is arrested for murder and left to rot behind bars by his own kind, it's up to Mercy to clear his name, whether her wants her to or not.

Mercy's loyalty is under pressure from other directions, too. Werewolves are not known for their patience, and if Mercy can't decide between the two she cares for, Sam and Adam may make the choice for her...

summary from goodreads.com



If you've ever lived in a snowy, cold place, you know that ice can be a nasty jerk. You'll be walking across a parking lot, minding your own business, when BAM! There's ice on the pavement that you didn't see, and you just slipped and fell on your butt. In front of a lot of people.
Who may or may not have laughed.
(April = my spirit animal)

I've been there.

And Iron Kissed was a mean, nasty jerk like that hidden ice. It popped out of nowhere with this huge surprise, and smacked you around a bit. I CRIED. All of a sudden I was crying and I was like, "What is this??? Where are these tears coming from???? What have you done to me, Patricia Briggs????"


The storyline started out like every other Mercy Thompson book... Until the big, huge, shocking twist came. And even though it hurt and I was stunned, it was a good, a very good, story.
The characters are, as I've said before, charming and entertaining.
The romance is a LOT more defined and clear-cut. The love triangle died early on, and there's big development. Which made me happy.

To conclude: if you are a Mercy Thompson fan, you must read this book. It will kill a small part of you, but you will understand how necessary it is.

If you have any comments you'd like to share, I'd love to hear them!

Kisses~
Cassie

1 comment:

  1. Hey you have a great blog going on here and your posts are usually great. But I would suggest you to be a little more articulate in your writing. Hope you take my advice constructively.

    ReplyDelete