Saturday, November 8, 2014

Review: The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin


Title: The Retribution of Mara Dyer
Author: Michelle Hodkin
Reviewed by: Cassie
Genre: Young Adult (Fantasy/Romance/Thriller/Mystery)

Summary (from goodreads.com)

Mara Dyer wants to believe there's more to the lies she's been told.
There is.

She doesn't stop to think about where her quest for the truth might lead.
She should.

She never had to imagine how far she would go for vengeance.
She will now.

Loyalties are betrayed, guilt and innocence tangle, and fate and chance collide in this shocking conclusion to Mara Dyer's story.
Retribution has arrived.


************************
My thoughts starting the book:

My thoughts while reading the book:
and

My thoughts finishing it:
mixed with

The good:
-kept me on my toesies

-I love me some crazy... and Mara went crazy. Like so.

-Michelle Hodkin = fantastic writer
-devoured this book

The questionable:
-NOAH. WHAT THE HECKS. I started this baby thinking I would get my Noah fix, and let me just tell you... I was left hanging FOR TOO LONG!! Jesus, how many pages did I read, thinking "okay, this is fun and all... But give me my Noah Shaw, dammit."
Noah Shaw in all his glory. (or Max Irons if you prefer)
And then when he finally decided to make an appearance, I was... dismayed. Disappointed? Distressed.... Dis-SOMETHING. Where was my beautiful, tortured, sarcastic and adorable book boyfriend?? ME = ANGRY

-The ending.
Yeah. Imma leave it at that. It was....
As in, Michelle Hodkin, did you really just do that?
Somehow I feel... betrayed? And that it was cliche.
But...
I'll still reread the series. Probably.

Cheers!!! Hugs and kisses,
Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment