Thursday, December 6, 2012

Review: Reached by Ally Condie


Title: Reached
Author: Ally Condie
Reviewed by: Cassie
The Fairies Say:

Summary (from Goodreads.com)

After leaving Society and desperately searching for the Rising-and each other-Cassia and Ky have found what they were looking for, but at the cost of losing each other yet again: Cassia has been assigned to work for the Rising from within Society, while Ky has been stationed outside its borders. But nothing is as predicted, and all too soon the veil lifts and things shift once again.

In this gripping conclusion to the #1 New York Times-bestselling Matched trilogy, Cassia will reconcile the difficulties of challenging a life too confining, seeking a freedom she never dreamed possible, and honoring a love she cannot live without.

Just a forewarning, I am not a hardcore fan of this trilogy and this was only an "eh" series for me, so if you really loved the first two, you'll love this one for sure. Just skip the rest of the review :)

First off, I forgot how the book started. I know, really bad . . . But in all honesty, it was five-hundred pages, so I figure I'm allowed to forget a lot of it. And, unlike some books, this was not a quick five-hundred. It probably took me half a week to finish it. (Which is really long for me)

I don't think I have to describe Cassia (almost perfect name, btw ;) or Xander, or Ky . . . Except, I must say this.
I felt that this book was really unemotional / flat in voice compared to the other two. Maybe it's just me, but in the first, we got love and the dangers Cassia goes through for first love. In the second, we get desperation, need, and hope. In this, all I got was " *yawn* uhh *scratches neck* let's see. We could do 'survival'? How does that sound?"
This may be because half the book (TWO HUNDRED FIFTY PAGES MIND YOU) was of the three separated. Okay, I get that they can survive on their own. Must I read that many pages describing the issues of Society and other mindless crap?
Although, I must say this: for anyone who felt that Xander was about to get way sexy, HALT. Nope. Doesn't happen.

 ( <-- Image I hoped Xander would become . . . And yes it's a drawing of Alex Pettyfer. Who is immensely attractive.)

I had this nice image that Xander was part sexy-Rising, part deviously sweet. No. All I got was "BLAHBLAHBLAND". And I don't mean I didn't like him- I just found him extremely tasteless and boring.

As for the plot, I have to stress the first two were just "blah" to me. If that wasn't the case for you, don't take my opinion seriously. I felt that it was extremely stretched out and slow, and didn't really have an impact. We already knew what was going to happen . . . 
But, alas. This was a very satisfying ending to the trilogy, even for me. I think you should try it out if you have the time, and if you liked the other two, definitely try it!
Thanks for stopping by!
xoxo
Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment