Sunday, November 4, 2012

Review: Time Between Us




 Title: Time Between Us
Author: Tamara Ireland Stone
Reviewed by: Rafia
The Fairies say: Sweet and Melancholy

Summary: Anna and Bennett were never supposed to meet: she lives in 1995 Chicago and he lives in 2012 San Francisco. But Bennett’s unique ability to travel through time and space brings him into Anna’s life, and with him, a new world of adventure and possibility. As their relationship deepens, they face the reality that time might knock Bennett back where he belongs, even as a devastating crisis throws everything they believe into question. Against a ticking clock, Anna and Bennett are forced to ask themselves how far they can push the bounds of fate—and what consequences they can bear in order to stay together.

Fresh, exciting, and deeply romantic, Time Between Us is a stunning and spellbinding debut from an extraordinary new talent in YA fiction.

I am a huge fan of romances that aren’t meant to be but still happen and I liked Time Between Us. It was sad and sweet and I really enjoyed reading it. It wasn’t a book I couldn’t put down but it still kept me engaged and I was satisfied with the end. The characters were believable and I could relate to Anna and Bennett seemed like a great guy but it was nothing extraordinary.

I LOVED the concept of time traveling and I was excited to see how the relationship worked out. Some parts were confusing and others I feel like the book would be better off without. I didn’t really like the part Emma played in the book (trying not to give anything away) and honestly think she was annoying. Then again, I’m not a huge fan of the loud girl who gets all the guys like her but I guess a character like that is required in some books. 

But Anna and Bennett’s relationship was adorable! I kept getting weird looks because I kept aww’ing but honestly couldn’t help it. Anna was a little too perfect and normal but her parents own a bookshop!  #jealous She was a little whiny but she came through in the end as a stronger character and I was cheering her on! Bennett was amazing, he wasn’t described as incredibly hot but the thing he did for Anna made up for it. The time travelling thing was awesome and I would totally want to chill with him! Take me to Paris please? :) He had a lot of depth to him that I don’t think was explored enough but you could see hints of it during the book.

The plot was centered on Anna and Bennett’s relationship but I think a side plot was required. There was a very minor one but it was ended pretty fast which was annoying. The end was amazing and I guess I would recommend it more to people who like stand-alone romances rather than the hardcore fantasy/science fiction/paranormal but it is a nice change too. Don’t forget to comment and follow and until next time lovely readers of this humble blog!

xoxo
Rafia

No comments:

Post a Comment