Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Review: Spellcaster by Cara Lynn Shultz


Title: Spellcaster
Author: Cara Lynn Shultz
Reviewed by: Cassie
The Fairies Say: Deliciously dark!
Summary (from Goodreads.com)

After breaking a centuries-old romantic curse, Emma Connor is (almost) glad to get back to normal problems. Although it's not easy dealing with the jealous cliques and gossip that rule her exclusive Upper East Side prep, even for a seventeen-year-old newbie witch. Having the most-wanted boy in school as her eternal soul mate sure helps ease the pain-especially since wealthy, rocker-hot Brendan Salinger is very good at staying irresistibly close. But something dark and hungry is using Emma's and Brendan's deepest fears to reveal damaging secrets and destroy their trust in each other. And Emma's crash course in uberspells may not be enough to keep them safe or stop an inhuman force bent on making their unsuspected power its own.

Spellcaster starts out with Emma getting approached while she is buying iced tea to see if shes "that girl on the newspaper who somehow nabbed that really hot rich guy" (well, pretty much) It's four months in the future since the last book stopped. And things are goin' great with Brendan, if ya know what I mean.
I mean that they steal kisses whenever they could.
In case you didn't pick up on that.

Anyways, Emma. Emma . . . Well, she's the same as she was in the other book, but somehow I found her more annoying. Mind you, I'm "that girl who has not had a boyfriend yet" so, hey, it may very well be my stupid self getting annoyed with her cuz Emma dwells so dang long on how amazing Brendan is.
She's witty, brave, loyal, and a bit stubborn, though, if we must say the positives.

The other characters..
Brendan- cool kid. Just like he was in the other book, but this time he is there for Emma every second of the day! Woo, go Brendan! (excuse me if I go rogue and transform into a cheerleader for a second here) Yeah, he was super cute with Emma. I didn't really approve of his ear piercing, but hey, that's me.
Angelique is interesting. She's sort of anti-too-friendly, as in she wrinkles her nose when a hug is mentioned. But she's definitely cool and I admire her hair. She's Emma's BFF just in case you forgot, and is really chill.
Ashley, Emma's younger cousin, was adorable! Okay, she's a frosh, but still. I would kill to have a cute cousin like her. Because, to be honest with you [*crosses fingers my cousins don't see this*] my cousins are so not cool. Our relationship . . . "leaves something to be desired."

The plot is dark and has a nice dose of evil magic in it. It's a bit slow, but I still recommend you try this out.

Thanks for stopping by guys! :)
xoxo
Cassie
P.S.-Deity by Jennifer Armentrout CAME IN MY MAILBOX LAST WEEK! I SCREAMED.

No comments:

Post a Comment