Sunday, November 25, 2012

Review: The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

 
Title: The Evolution of Mara Dyer
Author: Michelle Hodkin
Reviewed by: Rafia
The Fairies Say: Intensely Breathtaking!

Summary (from Goodreads.com):
 
Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past.

She can’t.

She used to think her problems were all in her head.

They aren’t.

She couldn’t imagine that after everything she’s been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets.

She’s wrong.

In this gripping sequel to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, the truth evolves and choices prove deadly. What will become of Mara Dyer next?



Congratulation, Michelle Hodkin. You have successfully done it again. Completely and utterly blew my mind with Noah Shaw’s sexualness alone. Err, I mean that among other things, which are obviously as important. Obviously. Honestly, the Evolution of Mara Dyer was everything I wanted and so much more. The tension between Noah and Mara, their struggle, Jude’s evilness, and the PLOT TWISTS. Oh the plot twists…I just couldn’t even handle it. Evolution was amazing and I am absolutely dying for Retribution! Michelle Hodkin, kudos to you! Its hard to follow up with an extraordinary second book in a trilogy but Evolution just blew me away.

Mara’s background started developing more of a mystery with so many things slowly coming together. I really just didn’t like her lack of personality. She seemed like she could be a strong character though and her struggle with the madness is really scary, but I just wish she had some more traits that I could admire. But then we come to Noah. Learning so much more about him and watching him around Mara and her family just leaves me like this:


Alas, his tortured past is revealed in this book. He’s a really deep character and there is so much more to him than his extremely sexy body and pretty face and that’s really what makes a good character. I love how supportive he is and how much he cares for Mara. It really is aww worthy. I’m also glad Jamie comes back in this book, although he doesn’t really play a huge role, it’s still nice to welcome his sass.

The plot is so intense! Everything comes together so seamlessly, I just couldn’t even. Jude and his madness really scared me, but he’s an evil genius who drives Mara to the point of insanity. I really don’t have any complaints about the plot, but the twists and the suspense will possibly be life altering. It really was like a psychological thriller at time when certain scary things (trying really hard not to give anything away) are happening and you don’t  know why and its driving you insane. I like how things are constantly being mixed up and I definitely was hooked.

So now before I spontaneously combust, please please PLEASE go out and buy The Evolution of Mara Dyer and fangirl with me over Noah. Don’t forget to comment and follow, and thanks for dropping by!

xoxo

Rafia
 

No comments:

Post a Comment