Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Review: Dante's Girl




Title: Dante's Girl
Author: Courtney Cole
Reviewed by: Rafia
The Fairies Say: Flirty and Fun!
E-book provided by: Netgalley


I have spent every summer since I was ten years old with my father in London. Every summer, since I was ten years old, has been uneventful and boring.
Until this year.

And this year, after a freak volcanic eruption strands me far from home, I have learned these things:

1. I can make do with one outfit for three days before I buy new clothes.
2. If I hear the phrase, “You’re not in Kansas anymore, Toto,” even one more time, I might become a homicidal maniac.
3. I am horribly and embarrassingly allergic to jellyfish.
4. I am in love with Dante Giliberti, who just happens to be the beautiful, sophisticated son of the Prime Minister of a Mediterranean paradise.
5. See number four above. Because it brings with it a whole slew of problems and I’ve learned something from every one of them.

Let’s start with the fact that Dante’s world is five light-years away from mine. He goes to black-tie functions and knows the Prime Minister of England on a first name basis. I was born and raised on a farm in Kansas and wear cut-off jeans paired with cowboy boots. See the difference?

But hearts don’t care about differences. Hearts want what they want. And mine just wants to be Dante’s girl.

My heart just might be crazy.

Maybe I was a little high off of summer, or maybe it was the Owl City song I was listening to, but when I read the review, I completely fell in love with Dante’s Girl. I have this new thing for contemporary summer romances, a little late for summer, but Dante’s Girl fit the bill perfectly! It was fun, it was fast, and I was satisfied with the ending even though I would love to read another book about Dante and Reece.
I guess the reason I really liked this book was because how cute it was. It wasn’t perfect but I just loved the storyline. I loved watching Reece and Dante fall in love, especially in the gorgeous Mediterranean background. The ups and downs were honestly perfect! I loved the twist and some were just swoon-worthy. My favorite parts though? When something would happen to Reece or Dante and the other would freak out and the love behind it?? *dying* They’re relationship was too perfect.
Reece was a little annoying in the beginning but she came to her senses (thank god!) and manned up. She was down to earth, real, and was pretty smart at times. She was sensible (I respect that!) and was really caring. I love that she’s from Kansas; it just makes her so real. She seems like a person I would be friends with and that’s saying a lot!
Andd the best for the last!! Dante…oh how you have raised my standards for guys at my high school. Like the sexy son of a Prime Minister with manners to match? I want one! He was a really deep character with a lot of family problems and high expectations that I could randomly relate to. Dante was really deep character with a lot of love and I just love that! He wasn’t the classic bad boy and didn’t try to be and was still perfect. Dante seemed like the kind of guy who would be perfect for a long, sweet relationship filled with love, not passion.
The side plot was a little weak and didn’t really pick up till later which made me a little frustrated but overall Dante’s Girl was such a great summer read! This is my first post in a while, so sorry I haven’t been on, so kudos to Cassie for being amazing with updating! So don’t forget to comment and follow until next time!
Rafia
PS. The song was Shooting Star by Owl City, great song!!

No comments:

Post a Comment