Saturday, September 1, 2012

Endlessly by Kiersten White


Title: Endlessly
Author: Kiersten White
Reviewed by: Cassie
Rating: 3.5 glass slippers

Summary (from BN.com)

Evie's paranormal past keeps coming back to haunt her. A new director at the International Paranormal Containment Agency wants to drag her back to headquarters. The Dark Faerie Queen is torturing humans in her poisonous realm. And supernatural creatures keep insisting that Evie is the only one who can save them from a mysterious, perilous fate.
The clock is ticking on the entire paranormal world. And its fate rests solely in Evie's hands.
So much for normal.

Endlessly picks up right where Supernaturally left off, pretty much. Evie is still Evie and Lend is still Lend, and they still both love each other to bits. The Faerie Realms are just as beautiful and deadly as before. But now, a whole lotta paranormals are in town. And they're asking her to save them from their mysterious, perilous fate that only she can fix. As always the faeries are deeply involved, and this time so is the IPCA. 

The heroine-
Evie, as always, is short-attention-spanned, stubborn, loving, and funny as always. In Endlessly, Evie is approached by paranormals so she can help them... but the faeries are involved. And it would be beneficial to them, too. As we know by now, Evie has a distinct dislike for all faeries and has even threatened to kill her ex-faerie boyfriend. So, of course, Evie says no to their appeal for her help. But something happens so that Evie learns she must help the paranormals, or else. Thus, she goes on a journey (prolonged, as always) to save the paranormals.

The romantic interest...s-
Okay honestly most people would go, "what's with the "s" at the end? Lend is her soul mate, stupid!" And I will openly admit I would say back, "RETH! RethRethRethReth! *calming breath* Reth is in the book, stupid."
Now, Reth is not Evie's romantic interest. No, he is mine. Because this golden faerie boy is F-I-N-E, and I mean fine. In this book Reth shows a vulnerability (against his will, I'll admit) and I would kidnap him (unless he wants to kidnap me, like he has shown to do to Evie... but then it wouldn't really be a kidnap, would it?) if I could. Anyways, I just found him to be very deep and vulnerable in this book. Maybe a bit idealistic but hey, this is Reth we're talking about.

Lend- Ah, Lend is so cute! He and Evie are like, the cutest couple EVER. Their moments... oh their moments! So darn cute, and so darn loving, and so darn awesome! Lend is not That Guy That I Just Met And I Think I Love And Is Really Hot. No, Lend (to Evie) is That Guy Who I Love And Is Beautiful In Every Single Way. Thus this when I read their moments:
Mmhmm, that's right.

Overall-
Overall, I liked the characters and idea but I felt like.. well. 1.) It wasn't as hilarious as I had hoped it would be. Don't worry there are still quite a few legitimately laugh-out-loud moments :D 2.) I found myself wishing the plot would just get on with it already! When I mentioned it was prolonged, it's prolonged. Not put-this-book-down prolonged, but please-continue-with-the-action-already prolonged.
Side note: the plot is very creative! 

Okay, enjoy Labor Day weekend for me! And possible subscribe?
Thanks!
Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment